Initial research suggests that box.net may be one possible option. Reasons to like:
- Folder level security options for sharing
- Sync via a directory on local desktop
- Full text search for business and enterprise users
- Widgets allow sharing certain folders within intranets or websites
- Built-in project collaboration and workflow
- Similar use in a non profit organization: Case study of C3 Colorectal Cancer Coalition
- Integrates with Google Apps and SalesForce.com
- Version history
- Access from within Google Sites
Need to figure out still:
- Categories and tags on documents?
- Enterprise version cost?
- Do we need to pay for all users in our domain or can we restrict to a limited (and affordable) number?
- File level security options?