Telecom subscriber statistics and numbers for May 2007:
- 6.57 million wireless subscribers added in May, compared to 6.11 million in April.
- Total wireless subscribers: 177.79 million (GSM, CDMA, & WLL)
- Wireline subscribers declined 0.28 million in May.
- Total wireline subscribers: 40.26 million.
- Total number of telephone subscribers: 218.05 million.
- Teledensity at 19.26 in May. Compared to 18.74 in April.
- Total broadband connections 2.46 million in May.
- Broadband connections grew by 0.04 million in May. But decline in growth compared to April when connections grew by 0.13 million.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)