Morocco broadband statistics:
- Morocco has the largest total number of broadband subscribers in Africa – nearly 400,000 ADSL subscribers at the end of 2006 (a number higher than South Africa, considered the continent’s ICT leader).
- Morocco also offers the highest speed broadband package in Africa – 4 Mbps.
- 98% of all internet connections in Morocco are broadband.
- Broadband connections grew by 58% between 2005-2006. Dial-up connections declined by 40% during the same period.
- Maroc Telecom and ISP Menara, Morocco’s leading internet service providers, are instrumental in the growth of the broadband internet market.
Based on Agence Nationale de Régulation des Télécommunications (ANRT) data in by World Economic Forum’s The Africa Competitiveness Report 2007 .
For the full report: http://www.weforum.org/pdf/gcr/africa/1.5.pdf (pdf)